We frequently release updates to the program in order to introduce new functions and to fix known problems. This page summarizes the major changes in each update to SpreadsheetConverter.
We recommend that you always update to the latest version covered by your license. For more information, read more about updating SpreadsheetConverter.
If you are still evaluating SpreadsheetConverter, let us convert a spreadsheet for you. We'll do it for free.
Version 7 releases
If you buy version 6 today, the upgrade to version 7 is free. We will deliver license keys once the final version 7 is released.
- Excel 2013 and Office 365 is supported
- HTML charts which works in all modern browsers
- SpreadsheetConverter for iPhone/Android supports charts in your mobile phone
- Easy to test on iPhone and Android with the help of Dropbox and QR-codes.
Version 7.0 beta can be tested using your version 6 key. Version 6 and version 7 can be installed side by side.
Problems with 7.0 Beta
- We do not support x axis formatting yet.
- If you have chart with axis title and axis labels in decimals format, the title may overlap with axis labels.
- In Scatter chart, the Excel series color is not supported yet and also with line series is not supported.
- The charts works fine in all IPhone devices, though there are some issues with Android.
- We recommend users to have Preview pane of Windows Explorer closed while opening the Excel files directly with double click.
Version 6 releases
We recommend everyone to upgrade to 6.10. Even if you do not need the new features added, there are many issues in the older releases we fixed.
- Fixed problems regarding saving widgets.
- Test our new experimental HTML5 charts that works on iPad, iPhone. They also print better. You enable HTML5 charts in the Advanced Setting dialog.
- Make Add-to-home-page + Dropbox + offline
- Flash compilation failures
- Fixed some print issues
If you have 6.9, please upgrade to 6.10
- Support Windows 8
- Support of SpreadsheetServer
- Fix ASP.NET chart issues
6.7 New Features
- Experimental support of pure HTML-charts that works on iPad/iPhone/Android. If you want to test, go to Advanced Settings, Choose Chart Setting and select HTML chart.
- Easier to name the fields, and names can start with digits. This enables you to use SpreadsheetConverter to create web-to-lead forms for SalesForce. http://www.shellblack.com/salesforce/sales-cloud/web-to-lead/
- Windows 8 compability.
- You can make input fields and calculated fields hidden. You can set the hidden fields on the url, and and all hidden fields are in the submit.
- Row with submit, print button can be placed above calculator.
- Faster web page updating
- Faster conversions
- Relative names are supported
- Multi-line tooltips
6.7 Bug fixes
- Prevents some aborted conversion when there is a self-referencing name.
- Fix bugs related to Flash generation.
- Succeed more often when converting
- Calendar control fixes
- Fonts sometimes too small
- Bug fixes
- Stability improvements
- Allow any "own url"
- HYPERLINK buttons allowed for calculated cells
- Better error messages and warnings
- Images sometimes placed on wrong tab
- Scrolling improvements for Android
- Much faster conversion on bigger workbooks
- Dropbox uploading out of beta
- Google Analytics support
- Make sure the user can work with other programs while converting in the background
- Hide lookup ranges fixed
- License key issues
- Make sure ranges are shown in Error taskpane
- Add buttons like Submit anywhere on the page
- Date widget
- Handle different date formats
- More theming like background color, different radio buttons.
- Horizontal scrollbar fixed for Android
- Slider issue for submit
- Text field problems solved
- Links issues solved
- Many bug fixes
- Many bug fixes and improvements
- Added tour to show how to use program
- Many bug fixes and improvements
- A lot of more widgets like phone number...
- Lot of bug fixes
This is a new major release, featuring a new user interface using the Excel Task pane.
Read more on the version 6 news page.
Version 5 releases
Solves issues with line charts.
A number of minor but important fixes, including correct colored area around the chart. Advanced and Free submit handling is now working out of the box for all our version 5 products.
More success with charts. Before, certain features like gradiant backgrounds prevented SpreadsheetConverter from creating working charts. A number of issues like these have been fixed in 5.2.25.
Now, it is easier to handle payments for forms generated with SpreadsheetConverter. View this Paypal sample
Solved a critical issue related naming of cells, please upgrade to this version. Other fixes:
- COUNTIF fixed
- Solved some unexpected crashes.
- Make calculations even more resilient
- SpreadsheetServer-related improvements
Fix to solve compilation issues in Flash for captcha.
5.2.19 HTML, Flash, ASP.NET
We are currently stablizing the release. There are a lot of minor improvements, here are some of then since 5.2.8.
- Solved problem when the SpreadsheetConverter dialogs ends up behind Excel
- Catch some unexpected results during converstion to prevent Excel from exiting.
- Use XLEW_X_Y_Z naming unless cells named in Excel
- Support IFERROR
- Support =SUM((A1,A2)) where (A1,A2) is ranges.
- Improve chart references, but still not perfect. Tip: Collect data to chart into a rectangular range, select it, and use Excel's Insert Chart Wizard.
- Make sure charts handle 0 and NaN values and texts containing strange chars
- Improved formatting, for example narrow borders.
5.2.8 HTML, Flash, ASP.NET
- .csv and .pdf file in Advanced Submit Service email
- Copy-protection for Flash Pro Ed. The generated Flash can only be used on a specific site.
- Help the user to find all required fields (HTML and ASP.NET)
- Added missing OCT/DEC/HEX Excel functions.
- Solved printing issues for HTML, still problems when printing wizard layout.
- Print from flash using PDF.
- Improved generation of Classic ASP pages.
- Solved duplicate border issues
5.2.4 HTML, Flash, ASP.NET
For the last two months we have worked on fixing remaining Flash issues, and finalizing the ASP.NET version. The ASP.NET is a completely new product, which focuses on protecting your intellectual property and still look and function like SpreadsheetConverter HTML.
- ASP.NET isn't beta anymore, in order to do that a lot of issues regarding charts, encoding, ajax etc are fixed.
- Support month and year jump in calendar control
- Prevent Excel 2003 to crash when too complex charts
- Flash, fixed some issues which stopped Flash compiler
- Support Excel 2010 32-bit. 64-bit Excel is not supported.
- Improved handling of required fields
- Fix some issues related to charts, for example some axis issues
- No SpreadsheetConverter logo in Flash Pro Ed
5.1.37 HTML, Flash
For HTML, the improvements are mostly related to charts.
For Flash, a lot of issues reported by beta testers are fixed, many of them related to charts. We also have a completely new wizard for Flash.
Minor fix to solve crash in Excel 2003 if you had complicated charts.
A number of improvements and bug fixes:
- Better automatic merging of cells if long static contents (Excel 2007 only)
- Handle cells with subscript, color change etc. (Was working in Excel 2003 before, now fixed for Excel 2007)
- Removed need for blank.gif which showed up as red crosses on slow lines
- Enter and arrow button support improved
- Solved long text problem with horizontal radio buttons
- No empty page after submit, if nothing entered, refer to standard page
- Chart improvements, for example borders for pie charts, background, high CPU requirements
- Slider improvements
- Handle & in urls
- Chrome/Safari improvements: Show narrow borders
A number of bugs and improvements relating to radio buttons, charts, Excel 2007.
The fixes are mostly related to charts (for example Flash security), and localization issues, mostly European Excels and Windows.
Solved issue with merged cells when using Excel 2007.
Made charts more reliable, especially for non-US users.
Formatting of numbers and dates on chart axis.
20th December, 2009
The changes in 5.1.11 to 5.1.19 is mostly related to charts and sliders. The update is recommended to everyone who uses 5.x
8th December, 2009
5.1 was the first non-beta release of version 5.
The program has been completely redone, and we support a lot of new controls like sliders, calendars, betters charts. For more info see
20th September 2009
Version 4 releases
Version 4.6.0 is most likely the last version 4.x release. It is a maintenance release to fix some minor issues, for example Flash 10 compability for Firefox.